After 8 weeks of college football in the books, the BCS picture is still up in the air as teams are jockeying for position. While the top two teams are from the SEC (Alabama and Florida), three teams will be looking to make their case for the BCS title game this week (Oregon, Kansas State and Notre Dame). In this week’s Game of the Week (GOTW), Notre Dame will have their shot to get a quality win with a road game against the #8 Oklahoma Sooners. A win for Notre Dame and they could move up a couple of notches and put themselves in a great position to be consider for the National Championship game. No matter who you are rooting for it should be a great defensive battle on Saturday.
College Football Top 10 Games Week 9 (2012)
1. #8 Oklahoma Sooners vs #5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This is one of the biggest games of the entire football season as the 7-0 Fighting Irish will have a big test against the #8 OU Sooners.
2. #1 Alabama Crimson Tide vs #11 Mississippi State Bulldogs
Alabama will have a big test this weekend against the undefeated Mississippi State Bulldogs.
3. #10 Georgia Bulldogs vs #2 Florida Gators
The Florida Gators have another big test to justify their #2 ranking. A convincing win and a case could be made that they should be #1.
4. #3 Kansas State Wildcats vs #14 Texas Tech Red Raiders
Huge Big 12 battle between 7-0 K State and 6-1 Texas Tech. To the winner go the spoils!
5. #16 Louisville Cardinals vs Cincinnati Bearcats
The Louisville Cardinals will look to hold off the 5-1 Cincinnati Bearcats. Should make for a great Friday night football game!
6. #12 Florida State Seminoles vs Duke Blue Devils
Big ACC battle between two 1 loss teams in conference play. FSU is clearly the favorite but Duke could sneak into the top 25 with a win.
7. Nebraska Cornhuskers vs #22 Michigan Wolverines
Michigan will look to stay unbeaten in the Big 10 but will have to beat a tough Cornhuskers team on the Road.
8. Northwestern Wildcats vs Iowa Hawkeyes
Although niether team is ranked both teams are in the running for a Rose Bowl bid in a Big 10 conference with Ohio State and Penn State not eligible for a bowl.
9. North Carolina Tarheels vs North Carolina State Wolfpack
There is no loved lost between these two North Carolina teams vying to become bowl eligible.
10. Penn State Nittany Lions vs Ohio State Buckeyes
Although both teams are being sanction by the NCAA, there is still a huge rivalry between these two schools. The Buckeyes will look to stay unbeaten as they invade Happy Valley.