Another week of college football action is in the books and boy were there some outstanding games that certainly shook up the rankings. In perhaps the biggest game of the young season, the Michigan Wolverines upset the Notre Dame Fighting Irish 41-30. The loss for the Irish came largely at the hands on their porous defense that couldn’t seem to stop the Wolverines who racked up 460 yards of total offense in front of 115,000 fans. The win propelled Michigan all the way up to #11 in the FBS Associated Press Top 25 while the loss knocked Notre Dame all the way down to #21.
Notre Dame was no alone in getting upset this week. In another high profile game, the Miami Hurricanes took down the rival Florida Gators by a score of 21-16. The Hurricanes were absolutely dominated by the Gators offense giving up over 200 yards more of total offense. However, the Gators turned the ball over 5 times, including 4 in the red zone, to essentially hand the game over to the in-state rivals.
This past weekend also saw the unranked BYU Cougars take down the the Texas Longhorns 4-021. The Longhorns were bounced out of the top 25 after being previously ranked as high as #15. In addition, the USC Trojans (preisouly ranked #25) lost to the hapless Washington State Cougars and the #5 South Carolina Gamecocks lost to the #11 Georgia Bulldogs. The Bulldogs moved up to #9 in the nation while South Carolina dropped to #13.
With the recap of week 2 action complete, let’s take a look at the Top 10 college football game for Week 3.
Week 2 Top 10 College Football Games (2013)
- #6 Texas A&M Aggies #1 Alabama Crimson Tide
- #23 Nebraska Cornhuskers vs #16 UCLA Bruins
- Texas Tech Red Raiders vs #24 TCU Horned Frogs
- Texas Longhorns vs #25 Ole Miss Rebels
- #2 Oregon Ducks vs Tennessee Volunteers
- Purdue Boilermakers vs #21 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- California Golden Bears vs #4 Ohio State Buckeyes
- Kentucky Wildcats vs #7 Louisville Cardinals
- Arizona State Sun Devils vs #20 Wisconsin Badgers
- Auburn Tigers vs Mississippi State Bulldogs