Despite some pretty intriguing match-ups, Week 4 left college football fans a little disappointed. There were no major upsets and the vast majority of games featuring ranked opponents turned out to be blowouts- see Louisville demolishing FIO 72-0, Ohio State pounding Florida A&M 76-0, Miami beating Savannah State 77-7, and Washington beating Idaho State 56-0. The exception to that rules proved to be the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the Michigan Wolverines. Both teams ended up winning but not in very impressive fashion. While Notre Dame eked out a narrow win over a MSU team with a pretty solid defense, the Wolverines almost choke to UCONN of all teams!
However, week 5 promises to be much better as we have 4 games featuring two teams ranked in the top 25. This will likely be the trend moving forward as conference play is now in full swing. Of these match-ups, the one garnering most of the attention this week is the Georgia LSU game. The Bulldogs are just 2-1 but their only loss came at the hands of the #3 Clemson Tigers. The LSU Tigers are sitting at 4-0 but have yet to play any ranked teams. The Tigers offense seems just fine but they do have some question marks on the defensive side of the ball. This game has some huge BCS implications – a loss for the Bulldogs and they can say so long to any hope for a BCS game!
With the recap of week 4 action complete, let’s take a look at the Top 10 college football game for Week 5.
Week 5 Top 10 College Football Games (2013)
- #9 Georgia Bulldogs vs #6 LSU Tigers
- #22 Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs #14 Oklahoma Sooners
- #1 Alabama Crimson Tide vs #21 Ole Miss Rebels
- #4 Ohio State Buckeyes vs #23 Wisconsin Badgers
- #16 Washington Huskies vs Arizona Wildcats
- Washington State Cougars vs #5 Stanford Cardinal
- West Virginia Mountaineers vs #11 Oklahoma State Cowboys
- Boston College Eagles vs #8 Florida State Seminoles
- #3 Clemson Tigers vs Wake Forest Demon Deacons
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs #10 Texas A&M Aggies