Today is college football’s Championship Saturday and football fans around the nation will be eagerly awaiting the outcomes of the Big 12 and SEC Championship games . The action that takes place on the field today will determine which teams are going to the BCS National Championship game and what teams end up going to the BCS Championship game will influence who will be invited to all the other major bowl games.
Most in the ticket industry know that the College Football Bowl game season is one of the biggest sales opportunities of the year. This year will be no exception as popular teams like the Texas Longhorns, Florida Gators, and Alabama Crimson Tide will all be vying for a birth in the championship game.
While the BCS National Championship game will surely be a big seller, the following Top 10 bowl games should also attract eager ticket buyers (predicted teams in parentheses, bold denotes confirmed):
- BCS Championship Game (Florida Gators vs. Texas Longhorns)
- Rose Bowl (Oregon Ducks vs. Ohio State Buckeyes)
- Sugar Bowl (Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Cincinnati Bearcats)
- Orange Bowl (Georgia Tech vs. TCU)
- Fiesta Bowl (Iowa vs. Boise State)
- Cotton Bowl (Oklahoma State vs. Mississippi)
- Alamo Bowl (Texas Tech vs. Michigan State)
- Sun Bowl (Cal vs. Oklahoma Sooners)
- Chick-Fil-A Bowl (Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech)
- Capital One Bowl (Penn State vs. LSU)
- Holiday Bowl (USC vs. Nebraska)
- Emerald Bowl (Boston College vs. Stanford)
- Maaco Bowl (Oregon State vs. BYU)
Ok, so we included a few more than just 10 Bowl games- with such a lineup of potentially great games it was really difficult to narrow it down to just 10. Be sure to check out the many great deals on these college football bowl games over in our NCAA Tickets section.