So what’s going on this weekend? What’s the cool thing to do? Well, let me tell ya. The thing that pops out above and beyond everything else on our top ten list is the amount of country music. Veterans Tim McGraw and the Avett brothers are joined by newer acts like Zac Brown Band and Sugarland and constant pillars like Kenny Chesney. Even Mumford & Sons kind of has a country vibe to them. Speaking of which, because Mumford & Sons only plays small venues, their tickets sell out fast! What does that mean? Demand is vastly more enormous than supply. M&S technically is an English Folk Rock band. In December 2010, the band earned Grammy Award nominations for Best New Artist and Best Rock Song (“Little Lion Man”). Keep an eye on this band. Their stock is going to further skyrocket very, very soon.
Zac Brown Band had nine nominations for the 46th annual Academy of Country Music Awards 2011, including Top Vocal Group of the Year, Album of the Year, Single Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Vocal Event of the Year. As previously mentioned, this band is hot, hot, hot. They appeal to many demographics, and they’re snapping up tickets and music as fast as they can.
NBA Playoffs are going into full swing this weekend. Not surprisingly, the Celtics show up on the list. I think Boston has the most sports successful town and possibly some of the most loyal fans. Chicago isn’t far behind, as they appear on the list with the Bulls, White Sox and Cubs. Derrick Rose of the Bulls continues to be the hometown hero and a sure winner of MVP. The White Sox are starting out very strong this year. And, as much as it saddens me to say, given the way the Cubs have started this season, I’m pretty sure this isn’t going to be their year either. One day!
- Chicago Bulls Playoffs Round 1 HG 1, United Center, Chicago, IL – Saturday, April 16
- Boston Celtics Playoffs Round 1 HG 1, TD Garden, Boston, MA – Saturday, April 16
- Mumford & Sons, Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV – Friday, April 15
- Tim McGraw, Savannah Civic Center, Savannah, GA – Sunday, April 17
- Kenny Chesney & Zac Brown Band, Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Dallas, TX – Saturday, April 16
- Avett Brothers, Palladium Ballroom, Dallas, TX – Saturday, April 16
- LA Angels at Chicago White Sox, US Cellular Field, Chicago, IL – Friday, April 15
- Sugarland, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN- Saturday, April 16
- Chicago Cubs at Colorado Rockies, Coors Field, Denver, CO – Saturday, April 16
- Zac Brown Band, Mulberry Mountain, – Friday, April 15
Check out freeticketclassifeds.com for all your ticket needs!