Thank goodness it’s Wednesday. I don’t know about you, but this week has felt really long already. The Midwest has been under a thick blanket of rain, sleet and even a little snow for far too many days in a row now. Yuck.
Anyhoo, looking at this list, a theme jumps out. While Country Music reigned supreme last week, Pop Music holds the title for this weekend. It’s not all the bubblegum pop either, but a nice mixture of contemporary and urban pop as well.
Harry Connick Jr., finally gets a deserving place on the list. He has sold over 25 million albums worldwide and is ranked among the top 60 best-selling male artists in America by the Recording Industry Association of America. Not to mention that he’s cute as a bug and is one funny man. He puts on quite the show.
Then there’s Jimmy Buffet, the original Parrothead. He has created the music genre that is now known as “Island Escapism.” His songs “Cheeseburger in Paradise” and “Margaritaville” definitely encapsulate this along with his Coral Reefer Band. I oftentimes feel like the Zac Brown Band has a lot of the same characteristics as Buffet.
Now for your urban pop. Does the name Diddy Dirty Money ring any bells? Well, it is the one and only Sean “Puffy”” Diddy” Combs. Mr. Combs is an UBER successful businessman with a finger in nearly every pie not only including music, but fashion (Sean Jean), acting (Get Him to the Greek) and fragrance (I am King). He is one busy man. My one question that I have for you, Mr. Diddy, why do they call it a Jeffrey?
Kesha and her Animal and Cannibal tour and Lady Gaga and her Born this Way Tour make another appearance on the list again this week. Continue to expect them to remain strong in their appeal through the rest of their tours. Fans want to see these two acts live.
As for your sporting events exciting fans this week, the NBA Playoffs are heating up and getting electrifying. What more can I say about the Bull’s MVP, Derrick Rose, other than he is phenomenal. Keep an eye on this player, he’s going places. The best part about Rose is that he is a humble man. It’s really fantastic to see.
Wayne Brady is an exceptionally talented, Emmy Award Winining actor, singer, comedian and televison personality. He has had many successful shows on TV including “Whose Line is It Anyway?”, “The Wayne Brady Show”, “Don’t Forget the Lyrics” and he is currently hosting the revival of “Let’s Make a Deal.” Brady is very likable and very funny.
- Jimmy Buffet, Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL – Saturday, April 23
- Harry Connick Jr., MGM Grand, Mashantucket, CT- Friday, April 22
- Diddy Dirty Money, House of Blues, Atlantic City, NJ – Saturday, April 23
- Lady Gaga, Prudential Center, Newark, NJ – Friday, April 22
- Chicago Bulls Playoffs Round 1 HG 3, United Center, Chicago, IL – Sunday, April 24
- Kesha, House of Blues, Orlando, FL – Friday, April 22
- Wayne Brady, Silver Legacy Casino, Reno, NV – Saturday, April 23
- Kansas City Royals vs. Dallas Rangers, Rangers Ballpark, Dallas, TX – Friday, April 22
- Chaka Khan, House of Blues, Atlantic City, NJ – Friday, April 22
- Orlando Magic Playoffs Round 1 HG 3, Amway Center, Orlando, FL – Sunday, April 24